Search This Blog

Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Wreaths

It seems everyone is making decorator Christmas trees and wreaths with floral wrap lately. I had to jump on board b/c they're so inexpensive and fun! Inspired by a friend of mine, who lead me to this website tutorial on how to make the wreaths I just jumped in and got started - http://blog.mardigrasoutlet.com/search/label/Wreaths

The first wreath I attempted was at my mother's house on Thanksgiving. It took me just a few minutes. The technique isn't hard, it just takes time to get comfortable with the "finessing" the floral wrap requires. I didn't like the green ribbon I intertwined over the floral wrap, but it's all I had. (I am realizing how desperately my mom's front door needs re-staining!! Oooh wee!)



Inspired by a wreath at the Red Door, I tried to model my next wreath for my own front door after it. This is where it can get expensive. The two strands of garland were $20, which I really wouldn't recommend paying, but a friend thought it would look nice and picked it up for me, and I didn't want to bother returning it. Plus, I do love the garland, just not $20 worth.

Red Door's wreath: (which retails at $230)



My wreath: (In the first pic, I had not added the garland yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment